Menstruation is a subject which is often followed by myths and misconceptions in the society. A woman typically monitors her menstrual cycle. One may freak out on a missed period if suspected and an unwanted pregnancy. There are online abortion pills available to end the pregnancy in such cases. However, one must ensure that there’s no recurrence of the abortion-like situation and use contraception methods while having sexual intercourse.
One must track the menstrual cycle to understand what’s normal for you. This blog explains why menstruation pattern is important for women and what does menstruation say about women’s health.
How a normal menstrual period appears?
- Every month, a woman’s body releases an egg. Menstruation essentially prepares a body for pregnancy.
- When women menstruate, each month the body experience hormonal changes, especially in the uterine lining.
- When the ovulation takes place, the fertilization doesn’t occur and hence the uterus sheds through the vagina.
- Menstruation begins at the at the start of teenagehood. Girls between 12-17 can expect their first menstrual period.
- A normal menstrual cycle can be of 21-35 days.
- A normal menstrual period can last 2-7 days.
- Menstruation becomes shorter and the becomes more regular as you age grows.
The following points explain what your menstrual period can tell you about your body.
Time of Ovulation:
There are ovulation tests available, however, your menstrual cycle can help determine a tentative date of ovulation. Typically, for a 28 menstrual cycle ovulation takes place around 14th – 16th day.
Your menstrual cycle determines when is the right to try for conception. If you happen to have sexual intercourse during the ovulation period, there are high chances of pregnancy.
Identify health problems
Problems such as PCOS, fungal infections and other stress issues can be figured out through irregular menstrual periods. You must consult your doctor if you do not menstruate for longer than 2 months. Also, you can consult for predominant irregularity in your menstrual date.
A missed period can be a symptom of pregnancy. You can have a home pregnancy test to confirm your status. On getting positive results, you can begin the preparation of pregnancy care and parenting at the earliest. This will give your child a healthy start. If the pregnancy is unwanted, you can buy abortion pills and plan safe termination of pregnancy.
Sometimes, overweight or a low BMI can affect your menstrual regularity. A sudden change in your weight, lifestyle, food pattern can affect the cycle. And hence, most physicians advise women to exercise and stay fit to have regular periods. Birth control pills help regular the menstrual periods
Menstrual periods are an important part of a woman’s life. You must monitor them to stay alert if there’s any abnormal activity. If you reckon any odd activity, you can call consult a doctor and take precautionary treatment for the same.